Rancho RSX9000 shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sniezek

Reaction score
Where can I get the Rancho RSX9000 shocks. I can not find a place that have it for my 2004 st. I have the oem one shocks and wood like to put new shocks all around. My st has 48,000 on it.

Limited Red

Any year from '01 to '05 is the same. If you have a 4x4, make shure to specify..

also '95 to '99 explorer is the same as our shocks..

Do you mean the RSX or the RS9000 9-way adjustable? If you mean the RS9000 9-way adjustable you will find them by going to your local 4 wheel drive shop. I was told by my local 4 Wheel Parts store that the Rancho RS9000 9-way adjustable will not work on the front because it has too large of a dia., and will rub on the CV joints. The Pro Comp MX6 monotube adjustable is what they recommended for the front.

We are running RS9000's on the wifes 4x4 Explorer. It looked identical to the 4x4 Sport Trac shock.

Save your money and buy some Monroe Reflex shocks.

If you MUST have the 9000's, check out Summit Racing.

Tom

Yes I do mean the RS9000 shocks and have a 4x4. If I can not put the RS9000 in the front. Can I put RS5000 Shocks in the front and RS9000 in the back.

this should also help you with your shock selection. They also hyave a Ask a Tech a question in the FAQ.

go to the home page for the buy 3 get 4th free promo form they have it posted now. It's only good until the end of May (may 31)

Yes you can put RS9000's on your Trac.

Again, I say this. Save your money and get some Monroe Reflex shocks.

The part numbers are, as follows...

RS99229 Front

RS99185 Rear

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 9000s on my wife's trac. Installed the CAB system over four weeks ago and spent the next three weeks chasing leaks, but I think I finally have it licked. Scraped Rancho's tubing and fitting and used fitting and 3/16" ploy tubing that is used for aircraft brakes lines. I have a friend that recommended the fitting and he was able to cut off the fitting supplied by Rancho and tap in the new brass fitting -- still crossing my fingers, but seems to be holding air :)

You may want to look into the better riding KYB G-2 shocks. They are only 109.00 shipped for all four of them from Tirerack.com

I put Monroe Reflex shocks on my ST last summer and they are already going bad.

I am already in the market for new ones. I am proably going to get them from the dealer because I had my factory shocks on for 4 years and they were awesome.

I put Monroe Reflex shocks on my ST last summer and they are already going bad.

Interesting I have 3 or 4 years on my reflex shocks and they still ride incredible.

I am already in the market for new ones. I am proably going to get them from the dealer because I had my factory shocks on for 4 years and they were awesome.

The date is 5/22/08, April fools is long gone. Factory shocks are too soft and that was well documented on this, and other, websites.

Tom

Latest posts