Rancho RS5000 shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That question is so subjective. I depends on how much on/off road driving you do and what kind of driver you are. The best advise I can give is that if you are looking for a softer/comfortable ride go with a twin tube shock. Monotube shocks will be more firm depending on the gas pressure and valving of that perticular shock, and since shock manufacturers do not give out valving information it is hard to judge that too. Do a site search on shocks, and you'll find so much information because the subject of shocks has been discussed into the ground over the past 5+ yrs. this site has been in existence. I chose Tokico TrekMaster R/T's because I was looking for a comfortable ride and found it, but look at my profile to see what I've done to my suspension. :D

That is a good shock for all around use on your 4x4. So is the Rancho RSX..The Monroe reflex is the same shock for less money..do a search and you will come up with enough opinions to make a good choice for yourself..:D

Just got new Pep Boys sale paper. They have free installation this week on monroe sensatrac and reflex...

Latest posts