RAM Air / Forced Air Induction

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrell F

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to set up our STs with either RAM Air or any other Forced air induction kits? I have seen the scoops and cowls for cosmetic purposes, but I was curious if anyone knew of a functioning system.

Thanks in advance for helping out a green horn.

((very cool site too. glad I came accross it))

Keystone makes a shaker hood at around $700-$900, and for an additional $300, you can get the kit to make it a functioning ram air hood. I'm considering it as a project for next summer.

It has been proven that the "ram air affect" has no impact under the speed of 75 to 80 MPH. I owned an 03 Mach 1 prior to purchasing my current 04 Cobra, so I know from experience.

In the case of an ST engine, I would suspect that it would require something well over 100 MPH before anything noticable in performance increase would be detected. Lots of luck getting your Trac over 100 MPH.

Don't wast your money if you are actually looking for a performance gain. Do it for looks only.

David <><

Thanks for wish of luck...

[Broken External Image]:

I've pegged it with plenty of rpms to go, but it's hard to hold a camera and the wheel, so I chose the wheel.

well this is a good place to ask my question. I got her up to 97 this afternoon and it felt like the fuel pump was shutting off. Are they governed or is it possible the fuel pump wasn't able to keep up? She's an '02 with 80K on her. I had the same issue about 1 1/2 years ago with less then 40K on her.

hamradioextra,

Thanks for the intel. I'm new at the whole tweakng/tuning game, and had no idea that RAM Air has no real value on low end. The shaker hood looks really good on some of the member's STs, so no disrespect there. I just can't personally justify the $$ without any performance gain.

Thanks for all replies.

I'm new at the whole tweakng/tuning game, and had no idea that RAM Air has no real value on low end.

That is not completely true. While the "Ram Air" effect doesn't do anything since the air is not ramed into the engine, You are still getting cooler air into your engine, so there is a benefit to having an intake on the outside of your vehicle.

Tom

Latest posts