Radio Installation--Simple Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
Will this radio fit in my 02 trac? I'm betting that some wiring adapter will be needed, but my major concern is that this radio does not have the 4 holes on the sides for removal, while my radio does.

Since it is a different design, can it still fit?

Thanks.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-AM-FM-6-Disc-mp3-CD-radio-04-05-06-07-Audiophile_W0QQitemZ110188437573QQihZ001QQcategoryZ43947QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">6 disc MP3 Sat + Aux radio</a>

Well, with some work you can make it work. You will have to cut off the bottom tabs, and you may have to smooth off the edges to get it into the hole. If you do it a little at a time it will hold tight in the hole. I think that this adapter will fit it and make it work._Ron

Looking at it again I think I may be wrong on the adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
It can be made to work but how much work do you want to do. The mounting tabs can be removed(they are just screwed on), but you also need to get a set of the spring mounted side clips and install them so that it will stay in place. You lose the ability to remove the radio with the horse shoe clips because it doesnt have the holes and have to remove the entire radio bezel when ever you want to mess with it. Also you will probably have to have a swap over harness made or make one yourself(I have seen them on ebay for 39.99). I have modded one like this out of a 04 cobra to fit into my 04 trac but its by no means a plug and play swap. Just my .02

Latest posts