RADIO DISPLAY OUT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Faulder

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Sport-Trac. The display on my Radio has gone out. Radio works fine just have no display, no clock, no menu display for various settings. I have the AM/FM/CDX6 MP3 RADIO. I only listen to couple stations so have them pre-set and am getting by. Really miss the clock and be nice to display menu to change settings and use CD now and then.

Dealer says only option is send Radio out for repair. $200 range. No big deal but seems shame I can't repair it a little cheaper. Any ideas or options ?

Thanks in advance for any help. If I must I will probably bite the bullet as of course I plan on keeping the vehicle. As we have discussed many times on here before. WHAT WOULD I REPLACE IT WITH !!

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
my 2007 milan did the same thing... the display would work if you pressed on it. I would guess that the ribbon cable or whatever it is attached to is loose. i have not taken mine apart yet..

STanner, Tried your idea and pressed on the display. Eureka, the display came on for the first time in weeks. I was thrilled. I was driving while trying your idea so started to look for a place to pull off the road so I could write and send you a check.:supercool: Before I could get pulled over display went out and cannot get it back on again no matter how hard I try.So the check is "not in the mail.":cry:

Seriously, thanks for your reply, Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same problem...mine has been intermittent for about a year. (Do the tap, tap, tap and the push push push)

I finally thought with the 1st warm day (this past weekend) I would pull the radio out of the dash and find out what is wrong. Pulled out the radio with the U-shaped tools (from Lisle) and removed the front faceplate carefully. (4 torx screws).Well........

The suggestions from most of the Audio Installers......find a knowledgeable computer tech (one who is proficient at soldering) and have him look at it. All feel that the Circuit board has a hairline crack in it.

One Installer, mentioned that he was a Ford nut and told me.....his brother, father, and neighbor, all have Ford radios (2002-2007) and that all of them have issues with theirs. Fading LED. This must have been a bad run of manufactured parts suppliers.

I sympathize with your dilemma entirely.

I think that I will try that route and find a guy with a tiny soldering iron and a magnifying glass.:grin:

Thanks for your input, Bill.I will try your procedure. If this problem is as common as it seems I am surprised Ford didn't at least offer some help on it.I was parts manager at a Ford Dealer for 31 years and they were always pretty good at stepping to the plate on problems. Of course there are so many things for a company to address I understand they can't do them all. And of course this problem is not a safety issue. Just frustrating.

I sent mine off for repairs. The cost was $90 plus shipping. I found it at:

www.FixYourRadio.com

specifically at:

www.shareamemory.com/radio/edge2007_new.htm

They did a great job and turned it around to me within 24 hours of getting.

Apparently the Edge radio is the same one used our Sport Trac. Never knew how much I used the radio's clock display until it was gone. Now so happy to be able to see the display again.

Hope this helps someone else too

Latest posts