Radiator replacement...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy Coleman

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I have a leak in the radiator and need to replace it. I looked on rockauto.com and they have a handful to choose from. I am not sure what the difference between the reference to 1" or 2" Top & Bottom Radiator Channel.. I am familiar with 1 or 2 row... is the 2" just a larger capacity?

Also, any recommendations on a replacement brand??

Any help would be appreciated!!

Why not call RockAuto and ask them to walk you through it? You could also stop by a local auto parts store (NAPA, O'Reilly etc.) and ask the counter guy what the difference is. I think the 1" or 2" dimension refers to depth of channel that the radiator sits in. IMO, it's not going to be the 1" depth - too small.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about calling... but they list both 1" and 2" for the same model number so I didn't know if it was an option or something I needed to match exactly... I felt a bit confused by it...

I might try to measure on my truck before ordering, I'd hate to order, tear it all down just find out it doesn't fit!! Omg... would be royally pissed!

The dimensions listed are identical for both I wasn't sure what it meant...

Agree with Vic. RA has excellent customer service reps that provide accurate info.

If they make a mistake will almost always pay return shipping. Make the call. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the 2" is what use to be a 2 row. My '94 'stang had a 1" row. I ordered a heavyduty thru a local shop. It had 2" rows.

The last time I seen 2 and 3 row oem style radiators, was when they were all brass and copper.

There are some performace radiator manufactors. They make multiple row aluminum. Tanks and all. Welded not crimped. Some have stagered multiple rows. They are not always direct fit though. They bolt in like the old days.Instead of resting in oem saddles. They are exspensive, but last forever.