Quick oil change shop scam

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister was a senior accountant for Jiffy Lube corporate headquarters in Houston. She was ripped off by one of the Jiffy Lubes in Houston. Even though they were paying her paycheck and got an employee discount, she now refuses to go there. The Jiffy Lube that ripped her off even knew who she was. That did not stop them.

Unfortunately unless you stand over the mechanic, you dont know what they are doing. Whem my wife took our Caravan in they told her it need all this work and was going to cost $550. When I showed up the next day, it mysteriously dropped to $350 for the same exact work. Their explanation, a misquote on parts. So I explained to them that was inpossible since the only part being replaced cost $50 -$75. In this day and age, I have learned my lesson and question everything and don't leave my vehicle with any dealer. We found a local mechanic that always gives us the best explanation and cheapest price. His customer service is above and beyond dealers and thats why I stick with him.

....And that is why its always good to learn how to change the oil. Its so easy and you know its getting done right. If you skrew something up also you only have yourself to blame.

after i had a place like like forget to tighten my filter on enough i strated doing my own and have for the last 50,000 kms... its not hard at all and at least I have the piece of mind that it was done right and save a couple bucks as well

Latest posts