Questions on Purchasing a 2009 ST Adrenalin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Hale

Reaction score
I found a used Adrenalin near me that looks perfect. 4.6L, AWD, Red, I am definitely in love.

It has about 65,000 miles on it and comes with a 12 Month/12,000 Mile warranty which I can extend and would be through Ford.

I have been out of the ST game for a bit, is there anything I should specifically be concerned about or look for before checking this out in more detail?

Thank you all! It has been a long time since I have been back here and I certainly miss the site.

check wheel bearings and brakes. also make sure temp gage runs in middle of range. if not, could use thermostat. check maint history

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

One thing I forgot to ask, they are asking $27200 for:

2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

AWD, 4.6L

Sunroof, Leather, Dual Cliamte, etc, no Nav.

64,000 miles, comes with a 12 month/12,000 mile Ford backed warranty which I can extend.

How low is reasonable for talking them down on price?

Make sure there are no broken exhaust manifoild bolts, Very costly fix if it comes out of your pocket. I just replaced front wheel bearings on mine at 72k, common on these.Great truck, you will love it if you buy it!!! Good luck.

I paid 29,900 for my '10 STA about a year ago. Like yours, but no sunroof, 44k miles, the price seems reasonable, maybe a bit on the high side. If the warranty is bumper to bumper no worries, otherwise you might get it inspected by an independent shop. Gen II STAs are hard to find, if the dealer knows this, expect to pay their price.

Sounds like you are buying a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. My last ST ('05) was a Ford CPO and had a major component fail ($1700 differential repair). The dealer I took it to for repairs looked up the VIN and repaired it for the deductible, very easy.

:driving:

Thanks all!

I have been driving it for the past 24 hours and really enjoy it. They did quite a bit of work to it after they bought it. They replaced the headlight assembly and bulbs (looks like the guy that had it before did some cheap HID setup), they replaced all four tires, did an alignment, changed the oil, replaced the left front axle seal, and replaced the air and intake filters.

No squeaks or rattles, a couple loose trim pieces which they promised to replace.

I am going to get more details on the extent of the warranty and head back in later to discuss further. Thanks again all!

Might want to check struts at same time. If you are planing too tow no u-haul will rent to you.

Keep it simple...Take it to a qualified mechanic to do a thorough check and give you a written list of anything that is wrong, as well as an estimate of the parts and labor cost for each repair. Then look to see what would be covered under the warranty. Sometimes warranties only cover parts, or labor, and sometimes they exclude items like AC, emissions, computers, etc. The 12/12000 mile warranty is a good start, but if your mechanic finds things, even minor things wrong, it is better if you can get them fixed before you purchase, or use them to negotiate a lower price.

...Rich

Question for Wayne - can you please explain why "If you are planing too tow no u-haul will rent to you." I'm also thinking of buying a STA and am planning to tow. Thanks,

Richard

An explorer was involved in an accident a few years ago and on the back was a uhaul trailer. Not sure of the details but....

If however your wife drives a mountaineer you can use her truck to rent from uhaul

Question for Wayne - can you please explain why "If you are planing too tow no u-haul will rent to you." I'm also thinking of buying a STA and am planning to tow.

U-Haul has a corporate policy prohibiting any transactions with Ford Explorers (includes Sport Tracs). I was shown this when I inquired about renting a car transporter.

Latest posts