QUESTION REGARDING 1994 RANGER 4.0L

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryandPam Wallace

Reaction score
My neighbor has a 1994 Ford Ranger with a 4.0L engine. He has purchased a Cold Air Intake and has asked me to assist in its installation. I have several questions that I hope someone can answer.

1--Can someone give me a link to a Ranger Forum that is as good as our ST Forum?

2--There are two lines coming off of the air box on the firewall side--what do these lines do

and when they are disconected will there be any adverse effects on the performance?

3--The inlet air tube to the airbox has two hoses running from it. One goes from what

appears to be some type of sensor on the side of the inlet air tube (a rubber tube runs

from this sensor and plugs into the top rear of the airbox on the firewall side. The other

tube runs from the inlet air tube to the exhaust manifold. If these tubes are disconnected

permanently, will there be any adverse effect on the performance of the engine.

Any help that someone can give me on this mod would be really apprciated. Thanks in advance.

Terry

I go to www.therangerstation.com IMO the end all and be all of Ranger sites. I've been a member there since the mid 90s.

-edit-

And the rangers from that time frame probably still had some soft of vapor recovery system on them that would explain the hoses. My 89 and I think the 95 had similar stuff but since mine was a 4 cyl. I could see where those hoses went easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts