Question and thinking of trading in....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Laake 2

Reaction score
I am actually thinking of trading the trac in, possibly for a F150 screw.

My question is: What kind of transmission is in the late model (02 or newer) F150s? How reliable is it? Is it the same 5R55E as the explorers and tracs have?

The reason I am thinking of trading is that my trac has 115,000 miles and I would like something with a little more power to tow the boat around all summer with. Other than that, I have really had no problems with the trac and it still runs pretty good.

Also, I am not very brand loyal. I am probably going to consider the full size chevy and dodges also.

Thanks

The Hawk :cool:

I had bought an F-150 in 97 V-6 Auto 4 X 4 Flare side. Loved it to death:wub: The engine died last year had over 230,000 had a few minor wear and tear items replaced before that. The truck had power and speed. No problem towing or hauling had 1 1/2 tons in it a few times. I was very happy with it.

Okay, to start with, the late model F150 is 04 or newer. Second, it is a different tranny, and rumour has it that 07 might get a 5 speed auto tranny, the current one is a 4 speed. If you want to see a site like this one about the F150 go to F150online.com and go to the 04+ body style category to see what kind of issues there are.

Thanks for the info.

I dont think I can spend the $$ on an 07. I have found several F150 screws in the area with low miles, 4X4, and good shape, generally in the $16k - 20K range. With my trade in, that makes it more affordable.

The Hawk

If you get an 04 make sure you test drive it on the highway, a bunch of them had bad vibe problems that could not be fixed.

I have a '04 S-Cab FX4- great truck. Try and get one w/the floor console and shifter. I also like the power rear slider, but the power adjustable pedals don't do much for me....:cool:

Latest posts