Question about sway bar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Milwicz

Reaction score
Hello All, I have an stock 02 2wd limited slip rear sport trac and I'm getting ready to start towing a 6x12 single axle trailer. My question is , should I replace the rear sway bar? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

steve

Should you? Not really. The aftermarket sway bars are larger in diameter, therefore they improve your handling. The stock sway bar is good for what it is for and we are fortunate to actually have one. Most "pickups" do not even have a swaybar.

With that being said, if you want improved handling, than get an aftermarket sway bar.

If you are happy with the way your Trac handles, then do not worry about it.

Tom

It's not going to help your towing but you would be amazed at the difference a good sway bar and new shocks have on the ST's handling. It's like night and day.

A member just installed all 3 on his st.... I dont know how it rides, I did not ask..

Todd Z

I have both front a nd rear sway bars replaced along with Ranch RSX shocks. I don't tow but the Tac rides on rails. It REALLY makes a difference.

Latest posts