Question about, amazon.com

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
I used amazon.com for the first time the other day. I kept get a request from them, for. An add on the my adobe flash player 11.5. I didnt add it, as I was able to complete my bussiness with out the add on.

Can anyone tell me what the benifit would be for the add on. I was able to play samples of the music with out it. Also it seemed that anything that was in flash format worked fine.

I just found it unusualy to get that request on every page I visited.

Thanks, Eddie

I've used Amazon.com many times and never ran into that thingy. It could be something specific to the vendor that you eventually bought from.

I buy all my truck parts on either eBay or Amazon, whichever has the lowest bottom line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie,

I use Amazon.com a lot and I do not recall ever encountering them wanting to install an Adobe Flash Player, but there is probably no harm if you do it. I keep my PC up to date and usually get a request from Adobe telling me there is a newer version of Flash player available ...So I usually install it when I get time. Remember, sometimes these updates are to fix a bug or a vulnerability that might be exploited.

...Rich

They were simply asking you to update to bring you up to the latest software available is all.

There is no other connection beyond that.

If you care to know what the updated version has, simply google the version and see what it has to say..

Eddie, I get that at least 2x a week. I even agreed to download just to shut it up however, the message still comes up! I didn't realize it was from Amazon.

Ed

Eddie, I get that at least 2x a week. I even agreed to download just to shut it up however, the message still comes up! I didn't realize it was from Amazon.

Ed

Ed

Ed,,,,

From the looks of it, you get it three times.....

When I do a cold start-up for my computer, I also get the notice no matter what edition I have. I simply exit out and drive on...

Adobe is the biggest pest updater on the internet. Everyone complains because you can't turn the damn stuff off if you have any of their software. You can't really operate without a pdf. reader or a flash player today.:throwup:

Latest posts