Question about all Tracs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Tomczak

Reaction score
I have been thinking about what type or Sport Trac I have, ie. XLT, value, premium, addrenlian, you know the sub models, and got woundering, what do I really have and what do others have. What one had the most made, what options are spacific to each one? Is there a way to tell for sure? Can I enter mine VIN into a web site and find out?

My Trac is a 2002, silver, auto, the long console, white faced gauges (I think that all have this), sun roof, 255 70R16 wheels, rear wind deflector that says Pioneer, pioneer stereo, amp, sub, power windows/locks, I don't think that I am missing anything, if I am, let me know. I would really like to know what I have. Everything listed is stock.

Sounds like the Pioneer Edition ST. In 02 they did not have put the XLT labels on the ST's. My ST is loaded with every option they offered and it has no marking either. But I do think it was a premium edition ST.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
The rear wind deflector that says Pioneer means you hae a Pioneer Edition Trac. Show pictures of the radio.

The should be mounted under the rear drivers side seat. Am I correct.

Tom

If you have a moonroof, but no Pioneer edition trac, you have a premimum. The moonroof was only available in the the Premimum.

Tom

So, I have a sunroof, pioneer deck/amp/speakers/sub, and rear wind deflector that says pioneer so I have a Pioneer edition sport trac?

It is possible someone put a pioneer sticker on the rear deflector. We can not say if it is positivly a Pioneer Edition.

My Trac has a Pioneer radio, factory, but it is not a Pioneer Edition. Is the sub under the seat or behind it?

Get a picture of the radio.

Tom

you can look at these three urls. got one in you can copy and paste the other two. or just go to frequently ask questions

and there are a few threads where people posted the differences in the models of ST's as well.

:) if you have an Adrenelin, it will state Adrenalin on it some where, gate, seats, somewhere on the body...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/faq.asp?VIEW=10&PageHeader=Frequently%20Asked%20Questions

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/faq.asp?VIEW=11&PageHeader=Frequently%20Asked%20Questions

Keep in mind Scott and I both have 04s mine is the xlt prem/comfort (posh trac) and to some unknowing people in Nevada and Arizona, also known as the "NASCAR" edition Trac :lol::

Don,

Sounds like you hae a Pioneer Edition. Without looking at the radio, it is an educated guess.

Tom

I am going to be excited if I happended accross a Pioneer Edition. Is there a way to confirm this with the VIN? How about photos of the Trac with salt on it?

Don,

That is the Pioneer edition radio. And that is the vehicle you have. See link.. My question is where are the 9 speakers? Are they saying that there is 2 speakers per door? The door panels are the same, with only 1 speaker grille.

Chad

Latest posts