PVR Software

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Withers

Reaction score
Does anyone on the board run personal video recording software?

The OEM ATI software I had installed stopped recording, so I uninstalled it thinking that the updated version from ATI would work without issue. I was wrong. :angry:

So, for about a week now I've been reviewing these free apps I've found on the web, and not one of them work on my system ( unrecognized tuner, and other things ).

ATI MMC

GBPVR

MediaPortal

MeediOS

YahooGoTV

GotAllMedia

Tuner card is ATI TV Wonder Pro. OS = WinXP SP3

Tuner works with DScaler, so I'm able to view and manually record, but I'd prefer to have an all-in-one so I can schedule recordings in advance. I could probably write an app to hook DScaler and send the keystroke combinations to start and stop recording, but a GUI is so much better.

Suggestions and/or recommendations on free ( or very inexpensive ) PVR software?

Thanks in advance!

ChadW

I use VLC media player. It is the Swiss Army knife of media players. It can play just about any format, .mpg, divx, xvid, .mov, .wmv, and a ton of others. I also use it with a Pinnacle tuner card in my son's computer. I haven't tried to do capture with it, though. I had an ATI card in the same computer before, and it didn't come with the software, and when they finally sent it to me, it wouldn't work. I ended up returning it and got the Pinnacle instead.

+1 on VLC for playback.

Number one, its freeware. Number two, it really IS the Swiss Army Knife of media players. (Good way to put it, Roger) I use it at work to diagnose/troubleshoot multicast IP streams on our L3 video transport network. I have not captured video with this, since we're always using this in real-time applications.

I have used an early version of the ATI recording software back in the day. Was running an All-In-Wonder 128. Seemed to work fine. Not sure how they're hardware/software works these days since I switched to NVidia.

Latest posts