Pulsating brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can Trac

Reaction score
I recently had new front rotors and ceramic pads put on my 05 2wd. Since then they pulsate during the last 10% of a stop. Before that they feel good, but right at the end, the abs kicks in. I was thinking they just need some time to set, but it's been a couple hundred miles and I put em thru a couple good heat cycles. I'm beginin to wonder, how long should the break-in take, or is there something else going on? :unsure:

The rotor(s) are definitely warped....take them back and have them REPLACED (I would not let them machine the rotors)

A warped rotor will pulsate at higher speeds and be unnoticeable at lower speeds unless it is really bad and then you will feel it at lower speeds also but you will still feel it at higher speeds regardless. I think the issue you are having is with false abs activation. Take the vehicle back to where you had the work done and have them check it.

I did the ceramics too in hopes of less brake dust. 3 mos later I have the same issue as you with the pulsing. Warped and cracked a set of rotors in the process too. Nice. Live and learn. I won't be using ceramic pads anymore.

Latest posts