Pulsating Brake / Brake pedal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Hatch

Reaction score
Hello all,

I haven't had the issue for a year or so now, since pulling out my ABS fuse and driving that way, but before I did my issue was this:

Slowing down to a stop was fine... Until I hit 2-5mph. Then the brakes would pulsate very rapidly and the wheel would pull to either side until I came to a stop. Pushing harder in the pedal is not an option, I had tried that, it will not apply the brakes to stop the pulsation.. I thought that I had heard or read something about this problem on here earlier, but I wasn't sure if any of you had this issue before?

Stopping is much easier with the fuse out, I don't have to anticipate an extra 7 feet guess how many extra feet I will need before I stop. I would like to rectify this problem before I really need the ABS.

Any ideas?

I just had this issue on a 4wd trac, I replaced both front hubs which has the sensors and it fixed the issue. The dealer couldn't determine which sensor was bad so I replaced both with Timken hubs.

PS. I had already replaced the sensor on the rear end (pumpkin)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts