Problems to expect after warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
My warranty ends in about 3,000 miles on my 04 ST and I was wondering what type of problems have other members had on theirs after it has reached 36,000 miles. I love my ST, it has been the best truck that I have owned and the only problem that I had with it was it was slipping out of overdrive. So is there anything that i need to keep an eye on.?

Mines been out of warranty almost a year now and absolutely no problems but if your transmission is slipping out of overdrive you had better get it checked. Seems a lot of people have has transmission problems. Hope I never do.

I got the overdrive problem fixed about 5,000 miles ago. Other than that no problems. My wife has been complaining about the tires roaring but I have not noticed it, but that is probably due to the fact I drive it alot am I am use to it. I have noticed that the inside tread on all 4 tires have a wavey pattern to them. What could cause this?

I have 6,000 km left on my warranty on my 04 trac and have noticed that it feels like when I am accelling it has a hard time changing gears.. It felt like it was slipping about 10k ago and the dealer said it was just a seal and they changed the seal and its been much better... Should I take it back in???

Also I have noticed that my rear suspension is making alot noice squeaking and stuff going over bumps. They told me it wast he risers I think and they greased them and opened them alittle about 15k ago but teh noise is back...

Wondering if my suspension my have issues as it seems the truck sways left to right a fair bit plus if I am out of the truck I can push it side to side very easy and it rocks back and forth for a bit???

Any ideas? I am thinking of taking it in later this week for the last time before the warranty runs out!

Cheers

Whit

If you are skeptical about the longevity of the tranny, take out an extended warranty with the larger deductible. Then you are protected against major failures.

About how much would am extended warranty be?

I have never had a tranny mess up on me before, what are the signs when the tranny is about to go?

I have 55k on my '01. The only problems I have had from day 1 is smog devices. The master cylinder was replaced at 51k. And as 1 response said.....buy the extended warranty......shop around......my dealer sold the premium 6 year to me for $500.

The swaying left to right on the ST is extremely common. If it's still under warranty you can have the sway bars replaced like I did at 3,000 miles. too loose. Or you can do what many of the website fans have done and upgrade to the EE SwayBar.

Latest posts