Problems I can't figure out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
2004 Sport Trac Adrenalin 183,000 Miles 4x4

List of problems:

No Reverse Lights: Bulbs/fuses checked, Tail Lights/Signals/Hazards work fine.

No Third Brake Light: LED Recon Light, fuse checked.

No Exterior Dome Light: LED Recon Light, fuse checked, Interior Light works

No Power Mirrors: Changed switch, fuse checked

Overdrive Button: Pressing button does nothing, Can't turn on or off. Currently O/D is on.

Horn: Sounds like it is half as loud. Maybe one has died.

Putting Vehicle in Drive: Door Locks don't engage/lock before driving.

Arming the alarm: Signals no longer flash when armed.

Doesn't matter which position the tilt wheel is. Have disconnected battery, no differences.

Maybe could be wiring gone bad? Only ideas I have, is add fog lights to the rear and cargo lights, change mirrors to see if that does anything. I really don't know. Truck is running fine right now other than current problems.

Thanks for any input. I can't really drive it as much as I did, due to these problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the door look issue I had that happen as well. For me there was a broken wire in the drivers door near the door lock actuator. Quick repair for me and all is good. I had the same symptom of no auto lock and no light flash when locking doors. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah a multimeter probably could help. Just didn't know if others have came across any of these problems before. Its crazy having these amount of electrical problems.

I think you should look at the wiring harness that comes through the driver's side door. I think you've got some broken wire(s). Have a look at the linked YouTube video.

Just bought a wiring diagram on ebay for my truck. Have a preferred brand multimeter tester? Thanks for the link for the video. I just watched it. Could be helpful on my journey.

Latest posts