Preserving Ford Soft Tonneau Cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay White

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to preserve the Ford soft Tonneau cover for an ST? I've heard not to use Armor-All type of products. I would hate for the sun to take it's toll if I can put something on it to make it last longer. Thanks for the replies.

YES ! !..........I have a product that I have discovered.........I can't remember the name, but will look at the container tonight and post another reply with the details/pics. I have used it on my 07 hard tonneau and it works better than anything else I have tried, and I have tried many. The product contains SPF 40 (sun screen) in combination with a conditioner for use on fiberglass, vinyl, rubber, dash boards et. When I apply to my hard tonneau, it gives the appearance of Armor all..........nice and black, but it is not greasy or sticky so it doesn't attract dust. I purchased the product from "Joes" formerly "G.I Joes" sporting goods store. It was in the boating section. Look for my next post in an hour or so......./Brad

You are correct..........A great product, and I am not affiliated in any way. Here are the Pics........../Brad

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I suddenly have this urge to wipe everything I see until it's <font color="red">COMPLETELY DRY.</font>

Armor All is greasy and really attracts dust/dirt. Armor All used to make an "interior" protectant that was not glossy and did not have any oils to attract dirt. I still have a bottle of it but the 303 aerospace product is even better, plus it has the sun screen. /Brad

Gary D from CT started me on this stuff. It's great! If you have ever seen his ORANGE ST you would believe it just came off of the show room floor. 303 is a bit pricey but I think it is worth it.

Dingo - :lol::lol:

Latest posts