Preparing for Trip to Lithuania

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
I am thinking about a short vacation there, and want to know what to expect if I go. I would spend most of my time in the Capitol, Vilnius.

edit: added a video at the bottom of the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I booked my hotel today and leave on Sunday. My daughter will be on a ski trip with her class in Southern Poland the entire week, so I will fly solo to Lithuania. I did some research and it looks like a cool place to visit.

Nelson, never been there, but looks like fun. Just reading the pdf file, I want ot go visit. Just read the portion on ALCOHOL :)

Not getting up to your potion of the world this summer like I thought, but will be in the med next spring and summer -- can't wait. been a while since i have been there and it has always been fun. Spent the last 2 summers in south america, and that was a blast ;)

gp

Hey Cruzrtwdgt, did you go solo in South America or go with a tour? What was it like? Can you elaborate on the "blast" part? I just finished booking my next vacation for Egypt & Jordan but South America is on the short list for the next big trip.

gp,

Sorry we won't meet in Gdynia this summer. I will be in Afghanistan and Germany most of the summer, so we may not have met anyway. This is probably my only vacation this year where I can just get away from everything.

It will be a challenging drive through Poland and most of Lithuania. I read last night that Lithuania has the most traffic deaths in the EU, and for such a small place that is a bit scary. I'll be cautious for sure after reading that.

Coastie, I'll be sending a request to you for some parts after my tax return arrives. People are using my car as a parts store here. I am missing a part of my mirror now. :(

mark S, went to SA on a "tour" with the navy. In all, was down that way for about 10 months out of 16, and visited Panama, Ecuador, el Salvador, Lima Peru, Salaverry Peru, Chile, Guatamala, and Colombia.

There are a lot of tours you can take there, big hit with my crew was Machu Picchu, but it was kind of expensive for them since they had to fly to get there. Lots of Incan history to see. El Salvador had some good tours there also, but very limited due to the threat of rebels hijacking the busses while we were there.

As for the blast comments, I'll just say that Cartegena Colombia, Lima Peru, and Panama City Panama are all great cities to party in. Peru, especially, since it is so economically depressed. We could pay a cabbie 20.00 US and he would run us around all night. Panama same deal was about 30.00. Night clubs are awesome, pisco sour's taste great. Cuban cigars are readily available for those that like them. Chicas are also very pretty. :)

Preparing to leave in a couple of days...here is a cool video of the place. :)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fm5lG6DmNxo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fm5lG6DmNxo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Latest posts