Pre-wired

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERIK HUDSON

Reaction score
Q. Does the ST come pre-wired for certain things? I have a 05 XLS that given to me and want to add power mirrors, foglights, and cruise control. I know some auto makers have the models pre-wired and that is how the dealer can add options for you, if it isn't standard for your model. Thanks for the help.

Erik, i'm not positive on this, but i would think that if they were prewired, it wouldnt be that hard to get them added on, versus if they werent wired from the factory, it would be a large job for the cruise control and power mirrors i would say...Several members have added fog lights to non fog light tracs....Someone else who knows more will chime in...

Thanks

Andy-

Well, I'm not helping much, but if you are planning on doing at least 2 or 3 jobs requiring electrical connections; I would buy the wiring diagram of your year and take it from there.

I bought mine used on ebay for about 25 (well, almost 40 with shipping). To be honest, it's not a very good book; not easy to read, BUT you will have all the wirings described in there; optionals or not; factory or dealer,...

Latest posts