Prayers Needed (if you do pray) - update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Chase

Reaction score
As I mentioned a while back my wife and I are expecting Twins. We found out yesterday at 21 weeks that the babies have Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS). Basically one baby is taking in too much blood from the placenta (recipient), and the other is not getting enough (donor). The recipeint baby also has a ton of extra amniotic fluid around it, while the donor has very little. They did a procedure where they reduce the amount of amniotic fluid around the recipient baby and the hope is that the change in pressure will hopefully get the babies to share a little more equally. We find out on Thrusday if this appears to be working. If not, we have to decide if we keep doing the amnio-reduction, or if we go to Cincinnatti to get a laser treatment done, slightly higher risk, more expensive and sounds like we'd be away from home for 2-3 weeks. All this a week before our 7 year anniversary as well! I'm hoping we'll have good news on Thursday.

Thank you:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy,

I will put your family on my prayer chain.

May the Lord bless and comfort you both during this...

May his healing touch. Bless the twins with what they need. Guide the doctors minds and hands in perfection.

Lord bring peace and comfort to Andy and his wife.

Blessings, Eddie

as a father of identical twin 6 year old girls, I wish you luck. I know how it can be a nerve racking situation, we had contractions at 24 weeks, got them stopped, had them again at 27 weeks and got them stopped again. At 31 weeks, couldn't get them stopped so off to c-section. I lost 30 lbs during that stretch, drinking brandy at night and coffee in the morning. I'm not much of a religious man, but I will say a prayer for you tonight. Good luck my friend

The procedure they did last Monday did not wok like they hoped. We came to Cincinnati last night and meeting with the doctors to discuss laser surgery.

Surgery went well, still not out of the woods yet, but it looks like the babies have responded well to the surgery. We got released from the hospital this morning, but we've still got to stay in Cincinnati until Monday so the doctor's can do one last check up before sending us home. She's on bed rest so we're pretty much stuck in the hotel room.

We were finally able to come home yesterday. My wife is not liking the bedrest so far that she has to be on, but the babies are doing great and looks like the surgery fixed the problem.

Good to hear. Still praying for y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear- my wifes water broke at 29 weeks with our first one- she got a helicopter ride and 4 weeks flat on her back with daily ultrasounds to monitor the fluid and baby. I worked 3 days a week and then drove 160 miles to spend 4 days in Miami. Exhausting....