Powerstop Brake Install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Sorlie

Reaction score
My 08 STA certainly didn't need brakes at 28K, but decided to try out the Powerstop K1443 kit for F/R rotors and ceramic pads. Both Amazon and RockAuto had it; slightly cheaper with RA and I had good experience with last order so I went with them. Rolled-up price was $322. No problems with install; rear rotors stuck to hubs but came loose easily after a little PB Blaster and a few minutes sit. Here's a pic of front rotor:

[Broken External Image]:

And rear:

[Broken External Image]:

I was a little disappointed when I saw that rotors were made in China. Machining seems decent though, and I had no problems with assembly. Hooked up my Vacula and installed fresh AMSOIL DOT 4 fluid (I know, only DOT 3 needed but I had extra on hand).

disappointed when I saw that rotors were made in China

:supercool: Apears they got the labels correct. You know how that go's. Some products the instructions are wierd....:bwahaha:

Did the fronts on my 04 this fall and have put about 10k on it since install they still look good and stop great.Will look for the rears this summer hopefully they have them for the back never looked when I bought the fronts. Also purchased from Rock Auto paid about $175 for the fronts. Glad to see yours worked out as well. Have been told that other than a few specialty manufactures there are no rotor foundries in the USA anymore pretty sad to be sure.

I just purchased the same kit from rock auto. I have 52k on my oem brakes, and the front rotors are glazed over, and pads are a little less than half remaining.

Did you notice any improvement in braking power from the pad change? Can you hear any noise when braking from the slots/holes?

if anyone else is purchasing from rock auto in the next few weeks, here is a discount code that worked for me. Enter in the How did you hear about Us field at checkout:

5% Discount Code: D3D5BBA44193

Expires: 06/20/2013

I'm very pleased with these brakes. There's a good "bite" to them, no noise and negligible brake dust accumulation.

Just installed my Powerstop kit this weekend. What a relatively inexpesive and quick upgrade. Took about 90 minutes to install. Haven't used them hard yet, but I can tell they are working well without a whole lot of pressure needed on the pedal.

Latest posts