Power Window Motor change project?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott H

Reaction score
Does anyone have a step by step driver side front window motor change? It rained all day today and I was stuck with getting my interior all soaked. Help?

Scott

Scott,

It is pretty simple. Remove the door panel (look for a project on changing the front speakers that will help you on removing the door panel). Once that is off, locate to motor. Remove the glass from the trac and slide it out the top. Remove the bolts or screws to remove the motor mechanism.

Have you identified the problem? Are you getting power to the motor? If not, replacing the motor will not fix anything. If a lamp doesn't work, you check the plug before changing the bulb.

Don't do an R&R (Remove and Replace) without making sure you know what the problem is.

Tom

I have changed a few motors in my day. You can leave the glass all the way up and securely wedge a piece of wood (2x4 or 2x30 to hold up the glass. Make sure youhave it in there good and its not in a place that you can accidentially knock it out. I hate taking out windows.

Just read the rest of Toms reply. Diagnose the problem first. Have had plenty of people ask me if I could replace a part for them only to find out they were guessing on what the problem was.

Pull the plug out of the window motor and use a tester to see if you are getting current to the wires that are supplying the motor.

Latest posts