Power point shutoff

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith McElroy

Reaction score
I can find this out myself, with experimentation, but I was wondering if anyone knew if the SportTrac power points are automatically shut off if something is left plugged in while the truck is shut off. I left a portable DVD player connected in my wife's van and it would shut off the power to that outlet if I left it on by accident so I would just swap it to the power outlet next to it and it would work again.

I bring this up because I currently have the LCD monitors in my Trac connected to the auxillary power port in the console and wanted to know if the truck would shut them off if the kids leave them on. They only pull about 150mA, so I don't see an issue powering them with the radio ignition Vcc, but I don't want to have to run the wire if I don't need to.

Don't think the trac is equipped with this feature. I've left a refrigerated cooler running in the bed overnight and had it kill my battery, so that's a no for the bed plug. As for the ones in the cab, my cell charger is always plugged into my aux. and the little red light is always on, so I would think that's a no on that one too.

No they dont shut off, My ipod if left charged an plugged in will saty on the charged screen, if unplugged it would go to a blank screen.

Latest posts