power mirrors HELP??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Bencsik

Reaction score
just recently my power mirrors have both stopped working on my 03 trac. I have checked the fuse #1 in tha passenger compartment panel as listed in the owners manual. I have also pulled the switch out and tested it with a muti-meter, and it seams to be working fine. are there any other fuses or relays that i should be checking? i dont believe that the problem is in the mirrors themselves as the both stopped working at the same time.

thanx in advance

Dave

Do you have power on the Orange/Lt.Green wire TO the switch??

Symptom Chart Condition Possible Sources Action

The mirrors are inoperative

Central junction box (CJB) fuse 1

Circuitry.

Exterior mirror control switch.

CHECK FOR VOLTAGE TO SWITCH (OG/LG)

Disconnect Exterior Mirror Control Switch plug

Measure the voltage between exterior mirror control switch plug pin 4(OG/LG), harness side and ground.

Is the voltage greater than 10 volts?

Yes

Check for ground

No

REPAIR the circuit. TEST the system for normal operation.

CHECK GROUND FOR AN OPEN

Measure the resistance between exterior mirror control switch plug pin 8, BLACK, harness side and ground.

Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?

Yes

CHECK CIRCUIT TO MIRROR

No

REPAIR the circuit. TEST the system for normal operation

CHECK CIRCUIT TO MIRROR (YE/BK) FOR AN OPEN

Measure the resistance between exterior mirror control switch plug pin 7, (YE/BK) and left exterior rear view mirror plug (with ground illumination lamps) pin 5 (without ground illumination lamps) pin 2, (YE/BK), harness side.

Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?

Yes

INSTALL a new exterior mirror control switch. TEST the system for normal operation.

No

REPAIR the circuit. TEST the system for normal operation

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts