Power Door Locks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Martin

Reaction score
Anyone have any problems with their power door locks? My '02 has decided to start "part-time" working on the drivers door. Sometimes it will unlock, sometimes it won't. What kind of PITA (Pain It The A$$) is it to replace the actuator? :blink:

Thanks!

Mine has done this several times on the 04. After I would engage into Drive, and let loose of the brake, sometimes the driver side door wouldn't lock. But most of the time it does. Heck, most of the time, when it didn't lock, after driving down the road. It would lock, and I'd be like, what the hell? I don't know what the answer is to it, so I'll just let it continue to do its little dance until it stops doing it.

I just started having the very same problem with my 01 ST. Been a couple of weeks now. I haven't had any time to investigate. Sometimes the "unlock" portion of the button works other times it does not. The "lock" portion of the button always works.

I guess my ST heard that I was thinking of pulling of the door panel, it started working again.

Never fails, I have 2 more payments and little things are starting to happen! :eek:

I had a problem on my 04 driver's door where it would fail to lock using the key bob but not all the time. Hit the lock button on either door and no problem. My dealer replaced the acuator under warranty and that solved the problem.

Latest posts