Powder Coated Rims

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry Suarez

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of guys have powder coated their Adrenalin style rims. What I want to know is it expensive, does it weigh alot on the wheel, and what is the life expectancy before it starts chipping?

Powder coating (in general) is no more heavy than paint of the same thickness. It is MUCH stronger than paint, as Harley frames are powder coated and mine is 11 years old with only a few chips.

Expensive is relative...what are you comparing it to?

PVD is another way to go - These are Black Chrome and were done for about $800 in CA - Took 2 weeks - 35K later not a chip and they still turn heads -

[Broken External Image]:

SVT, that black chrome is realy sharp.

That might look good on my Enkei rt-6's against my silver trac.

[Broken External Image]:

That might look good on my Enkei rt-6's against my silver trac.

Don't change a thing Eddie, the perfect look for a street driven Trac, IMO.

Hope the right side looks as nice. Ever get the accident damages repaired?

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

It is in the shop since the 16th. I was told 8 to 10 working days.

The womans insurace was fighting him on a $150 supplument. For a good door. So I expect not this week for finnish.

She has "Lindsay General" out of Duluth, Ga. No one has heard of them. A blog I found said, nonthing good.

Im hoping for the best. I had plenty of time to find someone.

This guy is an independent. 35yrs, does all his own work. Works on many of the promanent peoples cars in my town. They have called him a perfectionist. He is not blending and buffing the paint in.

He is repainting the whole right side, top to bottom. Pulling all trim. Bed rails, window rubber, mirrow, etc. Not taping the trim like some shops

They have called him a perfectionist.

Eddie, I've called YOU that too! Good luck, wish you the best. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts