Postal Service Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
As our move gets closer we have to do something with our mail. All the previous moves we had a place lined up before leaving the current place. This time we don't, so we are leaving our WA house and driving down to CA to live out of a hotel for a couple weeks or however long it takes to find a place we like. How do I handle the mail? Can I do a temp hold like we would for a vacation and then at then when we find a place just do the paperwork to have it forwarded to the new address?

It's my understanding they will hold mail for up to 30 days, and forwarding is free, but I'm not sure if I can go straight off a hold into a forward.. anyone have any experience?

Why not just get a P O box at a Post Office close to your hotel/final destination?

......... NO ! Not THAT final destination!:grin::grin:

Find the postal zip close to where you will be temporarly. Have the mail forwarded, general delivery in your names.

Worked for my ex f-inlaw, while they traveled 15yrs.

I guess I'll have to make my way to the PO, I was hoping someone would answer that question for me Coastie. It's just a pain dealing with them not a very friendly PO here.. and always busy.

Latest posts