Postage just didn't go up by 2 cents!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SST, Scott,

I stand corrected on international postage rates...okay, if I change it to 'anywhere in the country', does my rant still lose it's impact?

TJR

In my opinion, the US Postal Service does a pretty damn good job doing what they do.

Of course, you don't have to use them-- there are alternatives.

My only gripe is that I wish they would raise the price of stamps in $0.05 increments, and do the price increases much less frequently. (Of course, I also think that pennies should be eliminated too.)

I've waited in line at the post office--and in my opinion, the problems there have less to do with the post office or their employees, and more to do with the customers in the line. While FedEx walk-up sites tend to get more "professional" clientele (sp?), any Tom, Dick, or Harry can and does go to the post office.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't go there if you don't like it.

You seem to compare the post office to grocery stores. I might have a choice if I wanted bread and milk. If I was dissatisfied with the particular store's service I would take my business elsewhere. I only know of one post office. I'm glad you love them so much Gavin, but your are defiantly in the minority.

Where else can you have a person come to your front door, pick up a letter, and have it delivered within a few days to the front door of anywhere else in the US for only $0.41?

It may not be perfect, but they do a darn good job doing what they do.

My post office has ATM-like machines where I can do most of my services, instead of going to the window.

Bill, I am in complete agreement with you there. At the post office I frequent, the postal counter workers are courteous, friendly, and fast. It is the idiots in line that cause all of the problems and slow things down. It seems every time I go there, every person that has never mailed a thing in their life comes out of the woods and gets in line.

How hard is it to address your package before you get to the post office? And, how hard it is to package and tape your parcels before you get in line or to the counter? And no, you can't mail it if something is sticking out of it.

I only know of one post office.

Hmmm--I know of at least 5 post offices within ten miles of where I live, and I'm confident there are more in that range. And there are tens of thousands more located all over the country. If you only know of one, you need to get out more.

:D

Of course, you don't have to use them-- there are alternatives.

Sure, I'll use FedEx or UPS for a 2 or 3 ounce package at 7.00 (They charge by the pound) instead of $1.48-$1.63 with the post office. I guess my customers will just have to understand the increase in shipping rates.

Bill V - Yes, I agree too. Most of the people that are in line are idiots. Half of them are in line to buy stamps which you can buy at the grocery store, ATM machine at your bank or the ATM machine in the post office.

Or, if your like my parents they have nothing better to do than stand in line to mail one letter but can't figure out any electronics but they are damn good about telling my how they should work...LOL