Post here if you radio bezel is peeling!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
This is another follow up to Todd Z's message below. I'm trying to see how common the peeling radio bezel problem is. You can include me on this list too!

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was peeling. So I painted it. Now the bezel around the steering column is peeling, and I haven't even done anything or really touched that.

'03 yes Ford replaced underwarranty after accidentally replacing the instrument panel bezel...so I got a two-for-one

I had the radio bezel on my '02 replaced twice for peeling. And I've had the bezel on my '04 replaced once so far for peeling.

Had my inside door handles replaced while under warranty for the peeling but the damn radio bezel didn't start peeling until after the warranty expired. Been wanting to paint it anyway. Never liked the grey color. It's a minor gripe compared to the shocks and brakes.

Josh, the radio bezel is the "frame" around the outside of your radio and A/C controls. It will most likely have a rubbery texture and peels very easily.

Thanks Jenn.. Just didn't know what ya'll were talkin about.. No problems here yet.. (Fingers crossed..) But mine's an 05'.. So give it another year.. :(

Larry p what software/program is that in your center console, and where can one find that.

My '03 bezel is peeling and looks like #$%@!

Isn't there a TSB for this issue? If so, can someone please post it?

My warranty is up in 400 miles and my Ford Dealer says the bezel isn't covered.