Politically Correct? Humor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Cacioppo

Reaction score

To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wisher.

o

o

o

o

o

o

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

In other words, the Democrats are respectful of other people's religous faiths where the Republican feel that if you are not a Christian the celebrates Christmas, you are scum.;)

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Caymen, we say Merry Christmas to Christians, Happy Chanukah to Jews, Happy Ramadam to Muslims, etc. I lived in Forest Hills Queen, New York, a largely Jewish population. I didn't feel offended when wished a Happy Chanukah. Stop worrying about being politically correct. It's ruining America!

Mike C,

You missed the whole point of my rhetoric comment.

This PC "joke" about Democrats and Republicans on how they address one season in a comical viewpoint.

Tom

Caymen;

You have it backwards once again ... the Dems feign tolerance, whereas the Republicans accept religions, including their own. To think otherwise can be ignorance, but more likely stupidity ...

math-you,

I see it otherwise. Republicans accept religons? I hardly think so. Merry Christmas to all. Unfortunatly there are more people that do not celebrate Christmas than those that do.

What is your definition of "feign"?

Tom

What does religion have to do with politics???People who intermingle them have an agenda.

Just like the government meddling with major league baseball. Shameful. Dont see the G messing with pro wrestling?? Why baseball HMMM Someones agenda.

Caymen, that is not true in the U.S. Having said that, this was only a humor post and not meant to twist our shorts. Both Democrats and Republicans respect others religions the same as I can tell. The only difference I see is that the Dems appear to be worried about stepping on toes and insist on political correctness. If I hear an Italian joke (you might of guested that I'm from Italian decent - not an Italian-American) I don't take offense if told without malice. I always assume, unless otherwise, that something said is taken in the better light.

Having said all this, everyone have a happy holiday, except Caymen (only kidding Tom):D

MikeC,

I can see totally where Caymen is coming from, and you made the point in you last post. You said "The only difference I see is that the Dems appear to be worried about stepping on toes and insist on political correctness."

Why is that only a Democratic's issue? Is that so wrong that some people get treated with respect for their ideas?

I do agree that this country is going to hell, but it's not because of political correctness. It's because we are letting the Bible belt, and other religious fanatics run this country. When the President of our country says that God helps him make his decisions, then that is a very big issue. I believe in the seperation of Church and State, because it's obvious from the last few years that someone that depends on religion to run the country, can't do a proper job.

Crammer, the term "separation of church and state" is really not correct. It states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Nowhere does it state that you can't have religious items on government property. It says that all religions will be give the same treatment. Yup you can have a Christmas tree on the white house lawn as long as other religions are not denied access to the same to display there faith.

Let me show you where political correctness does not make sense. Let's assume that we are trying to fill a position in a company and someone applies who can only be described as "handicapped" This is so vague and non descriptive that it serves no real purpose. If the position was to be a phone answerer, then a amputee could certainly fulfill the job. If he were deaf, then obviously not. Political correctness tends not to express the true nature of something and paints a rosier picture. If you are 5'6"" and weigh 250 lbs, you are fat, not horizontally challenged. Telling it as it is is always better than putting your head in the sand.

Just remember the words of that famous philosopher:

Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach.

Those who can't teach become Democrats!

:rolleyes::D

The labeling and name calling adds to the devisiveness which the major problem in this country. No one wants to admit that we are a more similar and alike than we are different.

TJR

Mike C--

I've seen that post many times--but I'm not sure why you edited it. IMHO, it was funnier as originally written...

From a Democrat:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish recipient.

o

o

o

o

o

o

From a Republican:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! And if you don't believe in Christ or Christmas, f@#$ you, you un-American bastards!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Mike, I understand that completely. That is a very vague statement and could casue issues, even though it shouldn't. The problem there is that rather than offend someone the company would refuse to state what they truly needed in fear that they would get sued. Now that being said, isn't the real problem in then with the fact that people can sue, and file claims against everyone that "offends" them. Then there are the lawyers that you all see commercials for that will sue over every little thing. Then of course, there is the courts accepting to rule on cases that ultimately just fuel the fire for others.

as for the church and state comment. I wasn't speaking of the official separation. I mean that if someone gets voted into any office only because of the religious background he has, then we are in serious trouble. If you can't get in on the issues then you shouldn't be there. I know some may say that religion is an issue, and to them if you aren't "their" religion, then you are incorrect. Look at the Bible belt christians now attacking the candidate for being a mormon. They wouldn't vote for him because he is a mormon even if he had the cure for every known disease. That's the trouble i have with religion running the government.

sorry if i misunderstood any of your comments, it's been a long wintery weekend here.