plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rod denton

Reaction score
what is the trick to change theh plugs any one with gen 01 the spacve is tight what tricks do yall have >>>>>>>>>>i will cxheck projects as soon i post

:fire::eek:nline:

Pull the right tire. work thru the hole in the fender liner.

Not the only way, just the smart way. :banana:

Install a bodylift and remove the A/C compressor, these are a good start. I've done both and it's helped with doing any type of work on the Trac. A flexing rachet wrench goes a long way too.

:banana:

I used a couple of universal joint extensions with a short extension in between after removing the tire and fender skirt. Worked pretty well.

Did mine today. Yep, 3,6,10 in. extensions and a universal joint. I did all of them from underneath-through the wheel wells. There is a GREAT how-to in the project section!!! Oh, BEWARE..my fingers are still killing me and the back of my hand is completly swollen from hitting it pulling a plug wire off. Did the plugs too. Thankfully because I ripped one getting it off. Factory plugs lasted 133,000.(and still looked ok) Dont recommend it but they did great(got lucky). Number 2 was the toughest. Also had to pull 2 coolant hoses of to access the the wire clip above plug 2. Good luck to all. Just take your time

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts