PLEASE READ!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Byrd

Reaction score
THIS MESSAGE IS TO EVERYONE WHO OPENS THIS--- THEN IT WILL BE FOR THOSE THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE IT WITH. AS I HAVE SHARED BEFORE, I AM A CONDUCTOR WITH AMTRAK AND THIS WAS MY TRAIN ON THURSDAY. THE ENGINEER AND I WORKED IT FROM MIAMI TO SANFORD,FL... IT WAS JUST EMPTY CARS GOING TO THE SANFORD MECHANICAL FACILITY--- LUCKILY NO PASSENGERS HAD TO SUFFER THROUGH THIS...... THIS LADY ACTUALLY RAN INTO OUR MOVING TRAIN... THIS HAPPENED IN DELRAY BEACH,FL JUST AFTER DEPARTING FROM MIAMI... WE WERE NOT INJURED--- BUT NOT THE SAME STORY FOR THIS DRIVER----BRAD look for the story of van collides with train

I find it interesting that her husband says;

"She is a very conscientious person, a very good woman," said Stuart Renbaum, 77, who has grown weary of South Florida railroad crossings. "You learn a hell of a lesson this way."

I learned this many years ago. Trains are simply MUCH larger than anything else on the road. It has to be a losing battle to either ram or be hit by a train.

The fact the driver was older, (77), went around traffic and then crashed through the barrier and into the train brings up some questions.

She saw and reacted to the vehicles in front of her or she would not have gone around them. From all I read, she made no effort to slow down nor avoid the crash after that point...

You have to wonder what her thought process was???

These things happen, it is unfortunate that she lost her life and the dogs life. I am glad it ONLY involved her and her vehicle....

Brad,,, how often do you hear in your profession of others hitting or being hit as such in your case by vehicles?

And,,, know that it is not your fault, sorry for the pressures that come with the event though...

I am from a small town that started with the rail road. I have seen many idiots run the red flashing lights for the rail crossings. And being a volunteer fire fighter we once when to a call where a ATV was in the middle of the track when the train came up behind him. Luckly he jumped off the ATV and landed in the woods. Not as bad as it could have been.

People don't realize how long it takes for a train to stop. what the stopping distance of an ST with a heavy load or trailer. Imagine a train!

I have worked a few wrecks with cars and trains. It's never been good. I am sure this is heavy on your mind but please try to understand there was nothing you could do.

Dec. 30th we had a search and rescue team looking for a lost hunter and there helicopter went down. All three died. There are risk to all jobs.

TomT, are you saying that you've tried to take your vehicle against the trains?

I'm glad that Amtrak isn't dying off because of incidents like these--around me (DC) there was a woman who comitted suicide by jumping in front of an amtrak.

Losers like these and John McCain can't get rid of Amtrak until I get to take it cross country!

Sad.

I was on a "sightseeing" steam locomotive several years ago. Two older ladies did the same thing, ran into the coal car. They were shaken up only, as the loco was traveling slow (whsitle blowing). Their car was severely damaged. But get this, they were traveling to a church function with pies on the back seat, so the driver did not want to slam on the brakes (she wasn't paying attention).

Sometimes it's just that, we're pre-occupied and not paying attention.

guys, I appreciate your supportive comments--- haven't even logged on since I posted... took 3 days off and went out of town with the wife and kids--- enjoyed the time away----- thanks for your comments--- Brad

Latest posts