~ Plate options

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
I have to get new plates coming up soon. I decided I want to get personal plates and have came up with a few options...maybe you guys can give your vote!?

2K8 STA...............(2008 Sport-Trac Adrenalin)

SVT STA..............(Special Vehicle Team Sport-Trac Adrenalin)

NOC STA..............(Nocturnal Sport-Trac Adrenalin)

NOC TNL..............(Nocturnal)

ZZZ STA..............(Sleeper Sport-Trac Adrenalin)

(I wanted "WET YET"....but iot was taken!! haha)

***Any other samples you can think of would be great!! thanks***

THIS IS THE PLATE DESIGN:

3d4368be032798567212778123db550c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like SVT STA personally... The NOC versions are good too, and given that you have the Nocturnal sticker on the side its not too much of a stretch for others to figure out...

For a suggestion, how about:

DRK SYD

Cheers;

Eric

Most of these seem pretty cryptic to me... I don't think the average person is gonna figure them out. Do I assume this plate appeals to you because you're a diver? If so, how about -

FIN FAN

FIN BOY

FIN MAN

FIN 4ME

FLA DVR

AQA MAN

BUB BLE

ST fans --might-- know what some of your other combinations mean, but the average Joe or Jane doesn't even know what you're driving is called a Sport Trac, let alone will they figure out something like NOC STA - (Nocksta?? - Wazzat??) :unsure:

I really like AQA MAN...but it is not available. Nor is ADR NLN...boo hoo

Availablility is listed here: https://www6.hsmv.state.fl.us/mvcheck/platecheck/main.jsp

My Vote:

SVT STA..............(Special Vehicle Team Sport-Trac Adrenalin)

Why?:

Using the vehicle's name in your plate isn't cool imo.

It's not a sleeper and doesn't look like a sleeper, so that really doesn't work at all.

Not Trac related, but 2 cool ones I've seen over the years (California):

ILBCNU (I'll be seeing you)

10SNE1 (Tennis anyone?)

Per your list, I'd go for SVT STA

SPT TRC?

I'd avoid the "STA"--as was mentioned above, no one will know what that is.

How set are you on 6 characters? The link you listed indicates you can have 7 characters on this plate. Regardless of whether it's 6 or 7, I suspect it will be centered across the center picture on the plate--so don't be too disappointed when it shows up looking like that...

I remember some folks on here giving me flack for the SVT badges I had at one point....saying that I was claiming something that it was not!?

So, as far as going with the SVT STA plate I thought it would be the same ....in this thread though it looks like most are in favor of it now!? (4 votes)

I tend to agree that it is the better of the available options! It is my vote so far but I'm still trying to decide.

i like the

ZZZ STA

if you took the badges off anyway no one will kno what it is in the first place... nor will they kno what STA stands for unless they know about the ST and STAs

A few more combinations that are ailable:

W3T Y3T .........(Wet Yet?)

STA 2NV ..........(Sprot-Trac Adrenalin to envy)

SPT TRC ..........(Sport Trac)

STA TRC..........(Special Vehicle Team Sport Trac)

I'd rather stay with the 3 and 3 letters because I want to be able to see the Diver on the plate.

NOC STA..............(Nocturnal Sport-Trac Adrenalin)

NOC TNL..............(Nocturnal)

Goes with your decals

"I'd avoid the "STA"--as was mentioned above, no one will know what that is." - Bill V

I disagree. It says Sport Trac and Adrenalin on the back of the tailgate....actually...you had those shaved didn't you? Meh.

"I remember some folks on here giving me flack for the SVT badges I had at one point....saying that I was claiming something that it was not!?"- Nocturnal STA

umm.. the 08 STA is an SVT design. It's as much SVT as anything SVT has ever badged as such imo. It's not like your taking a GT Mustang and slapping Cobra emblems on it. The 08 STA is a direct result of SVT DNA.

I'm not even certain that SVT exists as "SVT" anymore. I read something somewhere (probably autoblog) that SVT in the "SVT" form no longer exists and that's why they have not come out with an SVT vehicle until the STA concept in 2005.

Latest posts