Pioneer AVIC Z ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a quick google search and it said the Z3 comes with a 30GB hard drive.

How many songs you can fit on any hard drive depends on what format you load them in. For example on my computer i have ~2000 songs. This currently takes up 9.37GB of space. The thing to note though is that all my songs are in the MP3 format. In MP3 format you can expect a 30GB hard drive to hold 7000 songs. In WAV format probably more like 3500 songs.

Of the total 30GB hard drive, only 9GB is available for the music partition. There is a 400 albums/artist limitation on the Z series (Z1, Z2, and Z3).

Yeah, i believe that Z3 is the navigation used on the new 09 Sport Trac, it also has 10GB of space.

It might be similar but I doubt it is the same. More than likely it will be a watered down version of the Z3. I doubt it will offer rear view camera, and other capabilities found on the standard Z unit.

It's the same unit used in the 2009 F-150. While the ST nav doesn't have the backup camera, the F-150 does. Not sure what other capabilities it would be lacking. It's integration with Sync is one of the best parts though.