Piece of glass...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince Coshenet

Reaction score
Hello all,

When I moved into my house a few years back I found a rear window for a car in the basement. I want to try to identify what vehicle it came off of in case it is from some rare collector car. The only identifying marks I can see read "Carlite / tempered / 8F AS2 / FM-M60. Someone mentioned the FM-M60 part on a collector mustang forum. Also that the 8F is a date code. Does anybody have or can get the measurements for the rear window of a late '60's Mustang coupe?

Any help is appreciated.

:haveabeer:

This guy has this on a 67 Mustang Fastback. Looks like yours is a 68?

Drivers door:

Solid Safety Glass

Carlite

Tempered

7A AS2

FM-M60

You may get rid of it quickest with an automotive glass professional. I think you'd get about the same amount of money from an individual looking for that as you would a shop since the former knows there will be labor costs after the purchase. If it is original glass, it does have value, especially to someone restoring all original.

Nice find. Good luck.

Although, I do recommend just buying the rest of the car to fit it into.:grin:

I've already looked up a couple local (in the state) shops that specialize in restoring Mustangs. I'll email them Monday to see if any of them are interested. It will also be on Craigslist.

It'd be great if buying the rest was an option.

Latest posts