Pictures of factory nerf bar mount please.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Mitchell

Reaction score
Hello, would someone mind posting some pictures of what the mounting(s) looks like on the factory nerf bars (the more details the better). My ST does not have them, but I might buy a set. I saw the project for installed after-market ones, but the factory ones seem to have three attachment places. I looked under the truck today and couldn't quite figure out where it would go. Also, if it wasn't factory installed would the correct holes be there already for a simple install? Thanks!

(Mine is a 2002 if it matters).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took my aftermarket ones off. If you look under the trac you'll see three different spots where there is a break in the cladding and two holes in the seam where the break is. About 4-6 inches above that there is a threaded hole where the third attachment point was. You need special washers that are threaded and allow you do put a bolt through those two holes. Any self respecting hardware store can tell you what you need if they don't come with the steps.

Here's a handy old post that might be helpful:

<a href='http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=305526&REPLYCOUNT=4&archive=1&sitename=mysporttrac'>Step Bar Installation</a>