pics of rims anyone?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Bowen

Reaction score
So I'm looking to upgrade to some newer, larger rims on my 2004 black sport trac. I was wondering if those of you with upgraded rims could post some pics of your ride to help me decide what color/style rims I want. Thanks!

I will post mine soon but what size u want. I have 21"s on mine. I would'nt advise getting that size. It changes the ride of the truck.

Adam you a smart man because anything really bigger than 20's start affecting ur tranny. No 20's should ride okay but make sure you have some tire meat and don't get low pro tires. It makes a big diffrences. ;)

Adam you a smart man because anything really bigger than 20's start affecting ur tranny. No 20's should ride okay but make sure you have some tire meat and don't get low pro tires. It makes a big diffrences. ;)

My son had 20s on his trac, I thought the ride was awful JMO.

On a lowered trac (3in. in my case)265/60/18s work for me.

[Broken External Image]:

Im running 275-45-20's and the ride isnt too bad, I just replaced an older set of 20's with the new ones. I still need new tires though.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
40fe7ff460798096b0f59f580e2e31b7.jpg

I have 22's on mine. Even static dropped I thought they road pretty decent.

Here's a few pics of mine, TSW Montages with 275/45-20's. I just took them off the truck yesterday and they're for sale if you're interested. If you are, I'll be flying out of Orlando on Monday morning and could probably meet you with the wheels. I'll send you an email with my # if you'd like to talk about them.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

As far as looks go 20's can't be beat, as far as functionality....20's and larger are about the worst thing you can do. The steering, suspension, braking, and drivetrain is just simply not designed to withstand the additional weight and abuse that 20" or larger tires will introduce. Everything may seem just fine but if there ever comes a time when you REALLY need one of these systems to perform they won't do it like they were designed to

I have 285/60/18s. IMO they look good and still perform well off road (the few number of times I have gotten them dirty). Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator: