Pics of Mountaineer seats installed on a Gen 1 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OFF TRAC

Reaction score
A while ago someone asked about being able to put seats from an Explorer/Ranger in thier Gen 1 ST.

I replied that I have seats in my '02 from a 2000 Mountaineer with more plush than the standard buckets and have lumbar/side/back and power position installed in my ST with no problems. Folks asked for pictures so here are some quick ones I took.

Edit: sorry for the size, I'm at work and can't resize them right now. More in my library

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
They will work with an ST that came without power seats from the factory. My ST didn't come with power seats. I just ran a power lead wire from the battery with an inline fuse to the motors of each Mountaineer seat. Once hooked up with the power lead and grounded, they worked and have been working like a charm for the last couple of years with no problems.

As for the Windjammer, I got cheap off e-bay. I don't recall what I paid for it. I want to say it was in the $30 + range. I like how it looks, it' not designed like the factory option wing, but in my opinion it looks like an "optional" wing and doesn't look like one of those "fast and the furious" wanna be wings.

My original comment got lost there somehow.

I like the red accents you have put in the interior. It really adds to the look of your truck.

That auto-resizer function I've been asking for would help in this case.

We need a "This thread is 'almost' worthless without smaller pictures!" emoticon.

TJR

Thanks Shaun, and was woundering that myself (about your lost comment).

:smile0007:at TJR's comment "This thread is 'almost' worthless without smaller pictures!" Second the motion.

OFF TRAC,

I could not tell from the pic in your library whether the Mountaineer seats have adjustable head rests or not. Could you take a pic showing more the the seat?

Also, delete the pics in your library, reload them and reduce them by 50%. I feel that should do it.