Pics of iPod Install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
I finally got around to taking some pictures of my iPod install. To integrate it with the factory '04 Adrenalin system, I used a FM modulator from Crutchfield. I mounted it under the console, just forward of the cupholders.

For the iPod, I used a 30-pin cable with RCA and 12Vdc connectors bought on eBay.

The mount is a Kuda mounting base from Kuda USA. Very easy to install, and I think it looks pretty good. Check it out:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was considering the same thing but mounting under the console will make it awfully difficult if you have to change to the other frequency incorporated in the Crutchfield unit.

Steve

Steve,

The modulator is under the removable cupholder section of the console, almost directly under the HVAC controls. If you need to toggle between frequencies, that section of the console is very easily removed. It comes right out with a firm, gentle tug when gripped near the cupholders. Here's a picture of mine installed. The wiring's a mess, but it works!:D

[Broken External Image]:

Holy Cow!!!

Here's mine. Yes, I know it's dirty, but I still have 2 days to clean :D

[Broken External Image]:

I don't even want to show the wires running under my console. At least 5 for my MSD box, the cable for the iPod, usb/obd2 cable, hardwire for the radar, and then a few for the switches...messy, but organized.

[Broken External Image]:

Griffin "Air Click".

About $5 on eBay. Remote control unit with a steering wheel mounted remote. I just hit "Play All" and it goes through my 3100 songs at random and I can skip around with the remote, or pick a playlist or artist and then I don't have to fumble with anything, just play/pause, and fwd/bkwd.

It doesn't look like the Air Click that Jeff has is compatible with the 5th gen-up iPod video/iPod Classic. Only the Air Click USB would seem to work, which wouldn't allow the USB/12V/RCA cable to be connected.

I noticed that too Train Trac.. I went straight to ebay after seeing this, but all the descriptions said it works with 3rd and 4th gen's... wont work with my 5th gen.. :angry: I want to keep the usb open for charging and syncing to my radio.. :(

Here's mine. I used an AUX-POD integration set up. It allows you to have basic controls thru the stock head unit and charges the Ipod at the same time. I also fabrication a Ipod Cup Holder.......Yes, I know the pict is huge.[Broken External Image]:

How did you fabricate the cup holder? And how much for another, with no wires or anything, just the plastic and the bottom cut out to run my cable.

At the time I made it I had access to a stereo lithography machine (SLA). At my present job, I don't have direct access to one. I can look into it and get a quote, but I don't think it will be cheap by any means....

Oh. Well if you are ever interested in selling it, I'll take it. You could always get quotes on mass producing them, for Ford vehicles...