Pics of headlights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyates

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of their Gen. 1 'Trac with the headlights on at night? Specifically, a shot sitting from the drivers seat. What I am looking for is the beam pattern on the road. I purchased some replacements for mine from rockauto (certified OEM equivalents) and replaced them the other evening, but it seems like there is an unusual beam pattern. Of course it could be because mine were so clouded, both the outside lense as well as the inside of the lens, that I was just not noticing the true beam pattern of mine on the road. I aimed them last night and drove around, setting the top of the light beam 2" below the center mark on the lense (measured on my garage door). Light distance is good and no one gave me a flash to indicate glare problems. I have searched a lot for this type of image but no luck so far.

If anyone has something like this in their library, please let me know.

Update of sorts. Tonight I measured my lights again and noticed there were actually a little high still. I assume that last night my rear tires must have been slightly off of the edge of my driveway and skewed my measurements a bit. So tonight I adjusted them down a little to get the main beam 2" below the center mark of the lense (35" is the center). Now the pattern is much better.

Still, though, if anyone has the pic I asked about I would love to see it to compare the light beam pattern I am seeing.

gyates,

my truck has been in the shop, but I'll see if I can find a pic of mine... no real place for me to measure the height though, as the "driveway" is bent out of shape and old, with a fence surrounding. Maybe I will try if I am able to get to a buddy's house. I got new light housings and it made a world of difference.