pics of 2009 White suede STA w/ canopy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Caldwell

Reaction score
I finally got around to snapping a few pictures of my mom's new STA. The canopy is for the dogs.

Also as a side note the tonneau cover and bed extender are available in the swap and sell.

Thanks Mike

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Wow, that looks great! The lack on fender trim pieces looks so much nicer on the STA!! Along with the other changes.

Anyone know if there is a difference in ground clearance between an STA and ST? Looking at the pics I think the STA fills things in, but nothing is actually lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an owner of a White Suede STA that thing looks nice. :cool: I have wondered what the STA would look like with a cap instead of tonneau and now I know. :banana:

prm

Ground clearence is the same on both models, the ground effects gives the STA a lower profile.

The front and rear fascia is definitely lower as are the side steps but the ride height and suspension are all the same.

why not just get a Ford Explorer SUV?

Depending on what kind of dogs you have, would you really want mud, hair, and god knows what else tracked all through the back of your brand new SUV?

I wouldn't.

IMO it was a good idea to get the topper and I might consider it myself when I get a dog in the future.

Try putting 210 pounds (75 +135) of wet Chesapeake Bay Retreivers in an explorer. Maybe you wouldn't mind the smell and muddy mess but my mum would. This way she just hoses out the back a couple of times a week and doesn't have to worry about mud on the nav screen.

Mr. Rugby ....that is very nice and flashy, though I kind of like it regular STA style, but she got what she wanted to have on it. Still a nice look though! I want mine in WS, which I think is a very gorgeous color!!! I found one in Cali, Fla. and Ky, so I am trying to connect a deal long distance to have it this month!!!:wub::D

I just put a cap on my ST about 2 months ago after we got our Great Dane. Its awesome when we want to take her and our Shih-tzu places, as I cringe everytime my wife loads them in her Lexus!:angry: I liked the look of my fiberglass tonneau cover better, but the cap is really useful and comes off just as easy (1 wrench on 4 bolts), aside from the weight.

Latest posts