phone numbers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Niederhauser

Reaction score
Looking for the phone number of a old friend, But I can't find a WEB site that doesn't charge for the number. Does anyone know of a totally free web site to get phone numbers. ?

if you know where they live....try spokeo.com (at least they used to be free last time I used it) Also, check facebook and twittter, found a lot of classmates there! Good luck~

Another option is anywho.com.

And I'm not sure if they're nationwide or not, but I've had good luck with dexknows.com.

I just tried all three websites mentioned here and this is the results:

Spokeo.com requires you to subscribe or pay to get info like phone numbers, email, etc.

Dexknows.com returns a lot of people with similar names and locks well on who you are looking for, but again, it only gives minimal info unless you are willing to subscribe or pay for the additional information.

Anywho.com does provide additional info like the phone numbers, etc but their data appears to be very old??? Perhaps it's the "Last known" phone number or address.

When I tested anywho.com with my name it located me at my old address number, but also had an error in my street name saying "Crescent Rd" in Waco, rather than "Crescent Dr" in Hewitt (a suburb of Waco) but two different streets.

Also, the phone number was correct but I have not had that number in nearly 5 years. I have since moved to using a Magic Jack and cell phone.

I got that number from a local Cable company (Grande Communications). I think it is odd that anywho.com was able to published that old number since I paid extra for an unlisted number, and I also added it to the National "Do Not Call" list??

One of the sites claimed my number was not listed on AT&T, which seems strange since now days, many people use different telephone services for their land-lines....AT&T is certainly no longer the only player in the game..:grin:

Bill V,

I think that anywho.com is the best and does provide phone numbers for free...but their info may be outdated or simply the last known phone number or address.

...Rich

In Florida you can call the guys that service air conditioners or collect for the Sheriffs Ranch. The have everybody's number and know who everybody is.

:grin::grin::grin:

Redfish,

I know that people calling for registered charitable institutions like the Sheriffs Ranch (sounds like camp or shelter for troubled kids?). I used to occasionally get calls for donations for the local Police or Fire departments to provide scholarships for kids of officers and firefighters who died in the line of duty.

Not sure why the AC repairmen would be given special privleges, but it's been over 100 degrees here for over 65 day straight..:angry:

I'm going to Las Vegas to get away from the heat !! :grin:

...Rich