Phillies or Yankees ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigjorg,

I can't understand the "terrible WS" comment. Looks like the best matchup with most drama in YEARS and YEARS.\

So, are you just not a baseball fan? Or is the comment just sour grapes?

TJR

Hopefully BAD CALLS won't win this World Series. Playoffs had way too many.

INEXCUSABLE. Never favored instant replay in MLB. Having second thoughts now.

TJR...im a huge baseball fan. it just so happens that im a marlin and a red sox fan. so for me it cant be any worse. yea there will probably be 39 home runs hit in 7 games but im still not gonna watch it. i just cant stand both teams so im not gonna bother watching it. i admit the past couple have been boring. last year was terrible, sox in 07 was great for me but it was a sweep so it wasnt so great. even the sox in 04 was bliss but it was also a sweep. marlins and yankees in 03...great world series. i havent seen an interesting WS since 03. all have been blowouts

Bigjorgiee,

Thanks for clarifying. I said "sour grapes" because your actions seemed to be, and still seem to be fitting that definition, which I give below:

sour grapes: Denial of the desirability of something after one has found out that it cannot be reached or acquired.

It seems that since the Marlins and Sox are out of the running you seem to be denying that the WS will be any good (you say a "terrible WS"). Like I said, that seemed like sour grapes. It seems to me that a truly huge fan would watch for the mere chance to see some great baseball, and not deny himself that opportunity just because his "teams" aren't in the running.

It seems instead of being a "huge baseball fan", you are a "huge Marlins and Sox fan". ;)

You are missing some good games...

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
tjr,

true, you don't have to like any of the teams in the ws, but have to say they have been some great games so far. good baseball all around.

The last time the Phillies and Yankees were in the World Series was in the 1950's.

What was the "hot topic" in Washington? HEALTHCARE REFORM!!!!

History repeating itself.

Tom

Damned World Series. Fvcked up a good night of Fox animation. Now I have to look for something good to watch on TV.

lol i gotcha TJR. yea i guess i really dont care unless its sox or fish playing. but i do love baseball. just cant see me watching a series between these 2 cause i hate those teams. i guess what i mean to say is that ill watch every other 28 teams play, but not these 2

Bigjorg,

Was a great game again last night. Lots of drama. Phils lost, but really should have one. Brad Lidge could have been the hero with three strike outs as the closing pitcher for the Phils, but ended up a zero instead when his error and failure to cover third set up a two stolen basis and made him fall apart. A-Rod then doubled in a run, and it was all over but the crying.

Later, hater.

TJR

yea i saw the 9th inning. ridiculous how one strike can change everything. foul tip on damon and ruiz couldnt hold on to it ends up getting on base and blowing the game open. thats unbelievable. its over now that really sucks that the yankees won

Bigjorg,

Or the game before when the Yankee hit at the RF fence hit the camera above the home run line. The camera in question jutted out in front of the fence and was just above the rail, and the downward drop of the ball as it hit the lens of the camera (IMHO) made it very inconclusive as to whether or not IF the camera wasn't there the ball would have been a homer or not. Personally, I think it would have fallen short. The camera, in effect, acted almost like "fan interference", grabbing a ball that would have probably fallen just short of the home run rail.

But, the umps, in what I feel is a bad call, made the decision before the game that "if a ball hit a camera it would be a home run." I don't think they counted on cameras being placed over the rail,out into the field. That's the problem with unilateral rulings.

TJR

imo, the camera is like an umpire on the field. it is part of the field and if it is hit, where it lands it is in play.

agree, bad call

they agreed before the game that that camera would be ruled over the line. what are the odds that it would actually hit the camera in the exact spot that the umps had talked about. i feel like this whole postseason the yankees have gotten every call their way. mauers double, tags on bad base running at third base against the angels, this home run, tag on i forgot who that erick aybar had clearly tagged him on the throw to second. alot of cheaaaappp calls going the yankees way

I'm going to go way out on a limb and predict that the Yankees will win the Series in 6 games. :):)

...Rich

Latest posts