Pergola Plans

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To create you have to be somewhat of a artist. I make just about everything I have inside and outside of the house, but create very little. The best way is to find a picture of what you want, like, and afford then adapt that to your setting. I made most of my furniture by crawling around on the floor in the Ethan Allen store and seeing how they made it.

Take it apart in your mind and sketch it out part by part and just plan on adapting a bit as you build.

Good Luck

Just do a Google search on "Free Pergola plans" and you will get a lot of ideas and some of the plans are free and usually come with drawings, measurements, parts lists, and the tools you will need. The good thing about Pergolas is that they are very simple simple sturctures and do not require a lot of carpentry skills. If you pick a plan that does not require lumber sizes larger than 4x4's you probably don't even need any power tools larger than a circular saw and a drill.

Good luck.

...Rich

Just do a Google search on "Free Pergola plans" and you will get a lot of ideas and some of the plans are free and usually come with drawings, measurements, parts lists,

I did that. Most of the plans are either not what I'm looking for or not free. I want a simple 10x12 design. I was looking for measurements and parts lists in specific...Too lazy to dream it up myself:rofl:

Perhaps you can adapt one of the free plans to fit what you want. Generally, the measurments can be easily altered to make the design fit your size requirements.

You might also want to search on "DIY plans", "Garden constuction plans" or even the HGTV network.com to see what they have.

...Rich

SFCed,

Is this for an attached or free-standing pergola?

If attached, it's may be worth spending a few dollars $4.95 to download some plans, regardless, just to point you in the right directions.

I found the link below to just one such downloadable set of plans for $4.95.

It's always been my plan to add a pergola over our back deck. I'd start with plans like this. Would save me a lot of time...

Latest posts