Perforated Grille Installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rahul Sharma

Reaction score
Well i've had the grille sitting in the garage for about 2 months....thought i should get to this now! What do you guys think?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I only had my camera phone on me so the quality isn't that great, but i just had to take the pics so i could share them...:)

Thanks guys!

Train Trac - i purchased the sheet 16x48 from customcargrilles.com and also ordered a neoprene rubber edge trim that you can kind of see in the first picture

24e5faaac7320e2d99854db0d26ec8df.jpg

I actually removed the factory grille and cut out the cross frames to get it to this:

[Broken External Image]:

then i placed the grille over the opening and used 1 self-tapping screw on each bottom end and held it in place. I had cut the grill out longer on top, so i could carefully "mold" it to the shape that i wanted. bending it gently and using a rubber mallet, i gave it the contour and also secured it on each top corner with another screw. i then cut away the excess from the top, but made 2 cuts so that i could use the factory points where the old grille was bolted in, to bolt in this new grille. the perforation on this grille was perfect so that the original 8mm bolts fit, and were used to hold it in the top center. I can take a pic of it with the hood open to show you when i get home this evening....

Last edited by a moderator:
It was inspired by the new GMC grille's!

i like the fact though that this is not polished, but a clean "flat" finish to it...similar to my wheels, so it stays in the theme...a shinny chrome look would not have looked good.

Looks good. I think you should put the Ford badge on it though. I think it would look good floating on the centerline. Love those wheels.

i thought about putting the Ford emblem back as well. the bolts from the emblem fir perfectly on the grille perforations. will take some pics tonight to get a feel for it...

Or better yet, get one of the larger Ford emblems found on the Gen 2 ST's and F150's. It would be a "bold move":p, and setting your ST even further apart from others.

Looks great!!.. I agree that you should put the ford emblem back and do the bottom valance. I'd love to see some pics of it from a distance.. so you can see how well it flows with the whole trac.

Clay - they are "Dick Cepek DC-1 Black" wheels. I bought them locally from a tire shop in Edmonton. They are widely available....

[Broken External Image]:

now that i look at it, an emblem might be cool.....i'll have to look into the lager Ford emblem! might be too bold!

i want to do the bottom as well, yes, but i only had ordered the 1 sheet. i have a Zabtech Hood Scoop that i want to install and i have enough material left to cover that small opening. i am seriously considering ordering another sheet and removing the tow hooks on the bottom and covering that with the grille as well.

Griff - i'll take better pics tonight!

Wow! I like it!

It's a bold move to cut the cross bars off. I would have chickened out at that point. But it was most definitely the way to go to get that look.

The bottom part HAS to be done. It looks incomplete at this point.

But with the upper and lower openings done and then with the matching hood scoop opening, it will be bold AND beautiful!

And I agree that the blue oval will help complete the project. I'm thinking a small one though.

Good job! Kudos!! Now...put it in the project section and earn yourself a WRENCH! :cool:

I like it. I was thinking of somthing like it. Iam going to leave nostrils though.

Those are cool looking wheels.;)

as promised, here are the pics with the hood open. the first one shows how i bent the grille and the second one a close up of the mounting location used.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

And this one's for you Griff - from a distance ;)

[Broken External Image]:

( i know - it needs a wash)

Thanks Fast Eddie - when you say nostrils, do you mean the tow hooks? if so, i'd like to keep them as well but was thinking of painting them silver so they blend in better.

Jerry - thanks. once i made the first cut in the grille i knew there was no going back....thank-god it turned uot OK! I'd love to write the how-to...just need time from working on the trac!

Latest posts