PCV valve & A/C

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
I had the PCV valve along with the infamous cracked elbow on my 2002 trac replaced last year. This summer I found that my Air conditioner compressor will not engage. Is there any relationship between those 2 systems? Is is possible that they left something disconnected?

I ask because on my 93 Dakota, I had the heater core replace & my ac compressor didn't work. I found a harness unplugged under the dash. When I replugged it it worked.

So I am just seeing if the repair shop could have left something off during the PCV replacement.

Any thought?

Just checking. I did connect it to the can of freon with the guage & it read as ok charge. I guess I'm going to have to bite the $100 for the diagnostic.

I know the compressor cycles with the defroster, would it cycle on defrost if the freon was low? Because mine does not.

I dont trust the gauges on the cans. My brother over charge his and blew seals. The gauge said it was low.