PC Desktop for the house ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dell and HP are good choices....Just get a good video card, at least 1GB of RAM (VISTA Hogs alot) and a reasonable size hard drive. Best but, Circuit City usually have decent bundle deals including flat panel monitor and printer....

PCs are cheap today. it all depends on what you want or looking to do with them. if you just surfing the net, then just head to a best buy for a simple machine. if you want graphics and photos added to your system in order to create CDs then I suggest getting HP or Dell. Look for their bundle package to get better deals. also you can try their sites for refurbished systems to save money. just get a warranty on them. this way you have a great system with a warranty for the same price as a new system.

I agree with Dell or HP as they are affordable. I bought from Dell a "Last years model" for $286.00 delivered to my door for my daughter. I has everything you need in it including able to burn DVD's.

Hard to beat that kind of deal.

Dell machines are ok. The quality has suffered. Both my dell machines hard drives and video cards failed 10 days out of warrenty, both in the same week. Machines are 4 years old. I highly recommend backing up your data. I did and it saved my bee hind!

Anyways, the most memory the better your machine will handle tasks. I run usually 2GB to 4 GB, but thats me. I recommend atleast 1 GB of memory. But don't spend money on the warrenties. Its not worth it.

I recommend iMac machines.

Thanks guys, I ended up going with Gateway GT5428 ... Seems like it has all I need. I need to add a few things "powerpoint" & "photoshop" ..But other than that it should work.. finges crossed that It was a good choice...worked in a nice 19" flat screen monitor and a Cannon printer ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts