Password saving programs?????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read this in 2600. Pick a decent password. Something that includes numbers and letters. Lets use "N3PGA123". Now, if you just want to make it easy, add something to it for each website. If it is ebay, then make it "N3PGA123EBAY". For your bank, you could use "N3PGA123CITI", etc. Follow me. Each password is different, but you will have no trouble remembering it.

To sume it up, pick a password and just add the website name to the end of it. "N3PGA123paypal" if it is your paypal account, "N3PGA123mysporttrac" for the Sport Trac website, etc.

Tom

If you have Norton, you can download a program that will hold them without displaying them, thus, they cannot be seen.

When you get to a web site, it automatically fills in the data but with ........... not the password itself.

You can set it up so you need to sign in so the system works if you desire.

If your computer is stolen, they cannot get to your password as it takes a password to do so.

And,,, all you have to do is go to the various sites and change your password in the event it is stolen..

you will forget your passwords after 6 months and then when you need help from a pro, or have to replace your computer you have to go through all the steps to reset all your passwords.

I personally hate them, I don't use anything. If I can't remember my password(s) then I dont need to be using the sites ;)

LOL just use firefox !!!! it saves all of your usernames and passwords and let you and everyone else on that computer read them in clear text!!!! real secure!!! :)

I made a little Excel file with all of my account log-ins and passwords. I print it out at about index card size and keep in tucked away near my computer. Put the file in an uncommonly used folder and name it something other than "My Passwords", etc.

My Blackberry has a password keeper, so I only remember one.

A friend bought one of the programs that does the autofill thing, it even makes crypto passwords as new ones are requested on it's own. It's setup on his USB Flashdrive, so he takes it with him. Only has to remember the one password. He likes it.

Latest posts